Jr. NBA Program
KWGBA has partnered with the NBA and will again be bringing the Jr. NBA program to the Kitchener / Waterloo area for girls ages 5 to 10. This program is targeted toward girls who have the eagerness to learn and achieve the fundamental aspects of basketball. Generally, participants are either being introduced to basketball for the first time or have other commitments and are looking for a one-night-a-week program.
Fall 2021 Update – BOTH SESSIONS ARE NOW FULL!
Registration for the winter session (if we are able to run it) will open in mid- to late-November and will start in January 2022. More details will be available soon.
Details for the fall Jr. NBA session are as follows:
We will be running on WEDNESDAY nights at Breslau Community Centre, beginning Wednesday, September 29th for twelve weeks ending Wednesday, December 15th. The younger / early group (born in 2014, 2015 or 2016) will begin at 6:00pm and run until 6:45pm. The older / later group (born in 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014) is already full.
The cost for the twelve week program is $115.00.
- We will be taking 30 girls in each session – basically the first 30 registered. We prefer to keep the younger girls – born in 2015 and 2016 — in the early session and the older girls – born in 2011, 2012 and 2013 – in the later session. The girls born in 2014 can choose which session they prefer until one is full – but please note that the later session will be more advanced, so if your 2014 daughter has some basketball experience, you may want to register her in the later session.
- Due to the shortened court time available, we kindly ask that you come about 10 or 15 minutes before your session starts so that you can remove boots and coats and put on running shoes prior to the starting time.
- Considering the age of these girls, we would request that you remain in the building during the program. This would allow you to escort your daughter to the washroom if necessary. You may also be asked to partner with your daughter for some activiites.
- The girls will receive a reversible pinnie to be worn at all sessions and a basketball which should be brought every week. Sometimes cold weather will cause the balls to deflate slightly week to week. Please try to remember to pump the ball up before bringing it if needed as the coaches don’t always have a pump to use.
- Breslau Community Centre is located at 100 Andover Drive, Breslau, Ontario
- If school gyms are available in the new year, we hope to change back to Tuesday nights, so if Wednesday doesn’t work for you or your daughter, don’t despair – we plan to be back to Tuesdays in 2022.
- If we are forced to shut the program down prior to week one you will receive a full refund. If we shut down after week one, your refund will be based on the court time portion of your registration as your daughter will already have the pinnie and ball.
Looking forward to getting your girls back to the court this fall
If you have any questions concerning this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.