Jr. NBA Program
KWGBA has partnered with the NBA and will again be bringing the Jr. NBA program to the Kitchener / Waterloo area for girls ages 5 to 10. This program is the first all-girls program in Canada, targeted toward girls who have the eagerness to learn and achieve the fundamental aspects of basketball. Generally, participants are either being introduced to basketball for the first time or have other commitments and are looking for a one-night-a-week program.
Winter 2022 – Registration for the winter session of Jr. NBA is CLOSED as the session is full. Check back again in August 2022 for information about the Fall 2022 session.
Details for the Winter Jr. NBA session are as follows:
We will again be running on WEDNESDAY nights at Breslau Community Centre, beginning Wednesday, January 12th for twelve weeks ending Wednesday, April 6th — unless there is a snow day, in which case we may go a week longer. There will be no Jr. NBA on March 16th due to school’s March Break. The younger / early group (born in 2014, 2015 or 2016) will begin at 6:00pm and run until 6:45pm. The older / later group (born in 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014) will begin at 6:45pm and run until 7:45pm.
The cost for the twelve week program will again be $115.00.
- We will be taking 30 girls in each session – the first 30 registered. We are giving returning players a head start on registration so don’t wait to register. We prefer to keep the younger girls – born in 2015 and 2016 — in the early session and the older girls – born in 2011, 2012 and 2013 – in the later session. The girls born in 2014 can choose which session they prefer until one is full – but please note that the later session may be more advanced, so if your 2014 daughter has some basketball experience, you may want to register her in the later session.
- Due to the shortened court time available, we kindly ask that you come about 10 minutes before your session starts so that you can remove boots and coats and put on running shoes prior to the starting time.
- The girls will receive a reversible pinnie to be worn at all sessions and a basketball which should be brought every week. Sometimes cold weather will cause the balls to deflate slightly week to week. Please try to remember to pump the ball up before bringing it if needed as the coaches don’t always have a pump to use.
- Breslau Community Centre is located at 100 Andover Drive, Breslau, Ontario
- If we are forced to shut the program down prior to week one you will receive a full refund. If we shut down after week one, your refund will be based on the court time portion of your registration as your daughter will already have the pinnie and ball.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PARENT WHO WOULD LIKE TO COME INTO THE BUILDING MUST PROVE THAT THEY ARE DOUBLE VACCINATED AT LEAST 14 DAYS PRIOR TO ENTER.
If you have any questions concerning this program, please email email@example.com.