2020 – 2021 REP TEAMS
Note: Rep team tryout information for this season will be posted shortly. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, KWGBA will post tentative tryout dates and open up registration forms, however tryouts will be confirmed once we have confirmation from appropriate parties about the upcoming season, including the Ontario Basketball Association, local and provincial health authorities and both school boards.
U10 GIRLS A & B (2011 / 2012)
A team Coaching Staff: Aaron Tomlin & Mariko Yoshy – Head Coaches
B team Coaching Staff: Amanda Finch – Head Coach
U19 GIRLS (2002 – 2004)
Coaching Staff: Samantha Edwards – Head Coach, Michael Bradford – Assistant Coach, John Malnerich – Head of Basketball Operations
Coach Edwards is looking for grade 10-12 girls that wish to play basketball at a high level and want to get better. This program will be playing a competitive schedule that will include exhibition games, tournaments, league play, as well as American competitions. Practices will be a minimum of three days a week and additional game film analysis meetings may be scheduled. A mandatory team training camp weekend in November will also kick off the year. The season will run from November 2019-May 2020.
Those team members interested in staying on after the season to train and attend one or two more AAU tournaments and/or a possible team camp at a NCAA school will be welcome to do so. We would like to do this, but things will this be based on interest and commitment level. This will be a separate program cost to the season.
Coach Edwards wants to help develop players to be the best they can be and reach their maximum potential. Her goal is always to help players develop a sense of pride in how hard they work, how committed they are and what they can achieve when they believe in each other. Players that aspire to play at the next level will get the coaching they need and experience a team culture conducive to getting better.
Samantha Edwards – Head Coach
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head Coach of the Junior Girls Basketball Program at St. Benedict C.S.S (District 8 Champions, 10-1 league record, CWOSSA Semi-finalists)
- Graduate of University of Toronto Kinesiology and Education
- Athletic Therapist for U of T Women’s Basketball program
- NCCP Train to Train (Level 2) Certified
- Wildhawk U16 Head coach (Provincial Cup Bronze)
- 4 years- Head Coach for the Cambridge Centaurs Girls Rep Program
- 2 years- Coach/ Instructor with Waterloo Wildhawks House League Program
- 4 years of coaching Midget Boys Basketball at St. Benedicts C.S.S
- 2 years- Head Coach Junior Girls at Havergal College, Toronto
- 1 year- Head Coach Junior Girls at Oakwood C.I, Toronto
- Coached at numerous basketball camps in the GTA and Waterloo Region
John Malnerich – Head of Basketball Operations
e-mail – email@example.com
- Current Senior Boys Coach at St. Benedict CSS
- NCCP Level 3 Nationally Certified Coach
- 24 years of high school coaching experience and 8 years of OBA and AAU travel basketball
- 2 years as an Assistant Coach at the University of Waterloo.
- 1999 Reebok National High School Champion
- 2017 OFSAA “AAA” Silver Medalist
- 2002 OFSAA “AA” Antique Bronze Medalist
- 4 other OFSAA Quarter final finishes
- 7 undefeated league seasons at the different high schools he has coached at. Won NEOAA, NOSSA and CWOSSA regional titles.
- Over 16 years of directing and organizing summer basketball camps and leagues
- The last six years at St. Benedict his teams have amassed a record of 215 wins and 48 losses (0.817%).
- 2014 U16 Div. 1 Provincial Bronze Medalist with Cambridge Centaurs
- 2015 U17 Div. 2 Provincial Silver Medalist with Cambridge Centaurs
- Is known for developing players to play at their maximum potential. Over his high school coaching career, 26 of his players have gone on to play University and College basketball.